This page address the third party resources loaded by Google. It is created as part of a mapping and awareness campaign, it include few technicalities for internal usage or related to Google products.
Google third party inclusions
With Google third party inclusions we talk about all the Google services which effect is making a browser web connecting to Google infrastructure when the person navigating is willingly going on a website which do not belong to Google.
If you connect to
https://www.mozilla.org and you are running a tool on your browser to spot third party trackers (https://www.technologyreview.com/s/601488/largest-study-of-online-tracking-proves-google-really-is-watching-us-all/, G. is the monopolist of those) you might see, on 11 October 2018, a connection to YouTube (this belong to Google infrastructure)
Our "attribution logic"
When we do a technical analysis we see only domain names, such as
google-analytics.com, but the information we want is the company name (Google) and the product name (Analytics). This example is the simplest, other Google product have domain names without having
The list used is currently this, and should be maintained/verify if is updated: company.js, and the attributing of Google product is made based on URL schema and domain name, this should be updated and verify too: google.js
Product list (and their replacement)
The pages linked (the one who starts with "Replacement" are a standard format, please update the by copying the example in the page.
- Google Fonts, Replacement Fonts
- Google DoubleClick, Replacement ADS
- Google Analytics Replacement Analytics
- Google Tag Manager (still unclear what is it, we need an analysis), please update this issue
- Google ADS, Replacement ADS
- Google translate, Replacement Translate
- Google Captcha, Replacement Captcha
- YouTube, Replacement Video
- Google Maps Replacement Maps
- Google webmaster tools (still unclear what is it, we need an analysis), please update this issue
- Google AMP Replacement AMP
- BlogSpot Replacement BlogSpot
- Google +1, well, this is already dead ;)
- Google CDN Replacement CDN
- Login with Google Replacement Login
- Google Loader (still unclear what is it, we need an analysis), please update this issue
- Pick a product,
- Write a small summary, find the most accessible product link.
- Open the page about the product replacements and add a new product.
TO BE PROCESSED
This is the list of services and companies which should be analyzed and described in the pages above.
- Google Fonts
- Google DoubleClick
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google ADS
- Google translate,
- Google Captcha
- Google Maps
- Google webmaster tools (these tools are for advertising capabilities and functionalities, you should select them by their ethics, and we should only suggest services with strong ethical code. Targeted advertising is not OK)
- Google AMP
- Google CDN
- Login with Google most of the time you don't need it, but...
- Google Loader